AQ 2 - 01.22.10

The most real thing for our family:

"For the mountains may be removed, and the hills may shake, but my lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and my covenant of peace will not be shaken, says the Lord who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

I must allow God to be bigger than my small thoughts & more loving & powerful than my first thoughts this week.

Two days after the quake Dawn said, “I’ve never been homeless before.” Pria said “Yea, we’re poor.” I said, “ We ARE homeless. We’re NOT poor.” And, then we found out about all of your prayers & aid coming to the country of Haiti. Thank you ALL sooo much.

Our family was in good shape physically, mentally & spiritually before the quake. This was a tremendous help. We are healing well. Just don’t dare start up a washer or dryer while I’m around.

I’ll tell the story some time soon.

Last week I wore the loafers of a Canadian man. My feet were so swollen. The next day I switched to a pilot’s flip flops. The loafers were so heavy on my feet. Then I found Trevor & he carried me the rest of the time. Trevor’s buff J. We all borrowed clothes etc. & entered life again with a clean slate.

We arrived at my parents’ house in the U.S. A great friend had left pad & pen for me to begin writing again. Another great friend had left some Arbonne (the botanical skincare line we use). A pair of skinny jeans from Dawn’s girlfriends, & other specific things from people who know us well. Thank you ALL for caring in such specific ways!

Frank went to City Hall to get birth certificates again for we three girls – all born in Stamford, CT. Now we’ll have documents to go get passports again. Driver’s license next…

Personal supplies arrived in Haiti for Trevor today. His god-father from “Save The Children” was able to fly from NY to the Dominican Republic & then drive to Port-au-Prince this morning with a U.S. Embassy convoy. So Trevor has shoes, etc., a bible, notebook & camera, contact lenses & toiletries. Trevor’s fasted from various things many times in the past. I’m sure that discipline will have helped him to hang on this week.

So many other stories need to be heard. Some of you have asked about the orphans at “His Home.” Here’s Hal Nungester’s response:
(The Nungester’s) have 56 of their children at the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince right now trying to get them out. Please pray that they will find favor with both govts. to evacuate them to Ohio where their adoptive families await them.

Comments

Popular Posts